Wishing to be a published author

Saturday, October 18, 2008

As most of you know, I'm working on writing a book. This is a big undertaking on my part.

I want to be known for something other than what I don't do for a living - yes, here I'm taking a hit at the newspaper business. I loved writing feature stories. Writing articles about people is the best thing to do in a newsroom - in my opinion. There are so many people out there - and they all have a story to tell if you let them.

I'm 28 years old and I know that's probably young for an author, but it's what I've always wanted to do since I first knew I could write. My writing style has changed a good bit over the years, developed and molded by my English teachers and creative writing professors. It's also changed because I role play online at LiveJournal a good bit as well. Playing out a story with someone else gives you so much more freedom to write one character instead of two or more.

I haven't always loved reading books, but recently I find reading nearly anything to be good. I read all sorts of things - history and romance to classics. And though I haven't been reading much lately, I still enjoy it.

It's a really important part of the creative process for me - reading my favorite authors and watching my favorite shows. Inspiration comes in many forms for me. And I can only hope that through writing this first project I can be one step closer to my dream.

0 comments: