Holiday Thanksgiving

Monday, December 14, 2009

With Thanksgiving having already passed and Christmas coming up, I’ve been thinking about what I’m most thankful for this year. I have so much to be thankful for. I have a wonderful, supportive family. I have a Savior who died to save a poor sinner like me. I have a great new job. I have wonderful friends, who are like family to me. I have food to eat, a car that gets me where I need to go, and a roof over my head.

I’m thankful for old friends who have come back into my life. I’m thankful that we can carry on as if no time has past. I am thankful that true friends never forget you and though time and space may separate you, you are always in each other’s hearts.

I am eternally grateful for my brothers and sisters in Christ. Without the prayers of God’s children, I know many of my own prayers would not be answered. I’m thankful for all the answered prayers for my health. I’m thankful for the answered prayer for a better job as well.

I am thankful for the time God allowed me to have my parents before He called them home. I am grateful for my mother’s faith in God and her teaching me about His love from a very young age. I know the reason I still have my faith is because of the example my mother set for me. I know later in her life, she couldn’t go to church because of her health, but she still would study her Bible on occasion. Her Bible, which I still have though it is now worn with care, has many notes and underlined passages. When I look through it, I can feel connected to her through the words of the Father.

I am thankful to those who inspire me to be creative and try to do more to better myself. I am glad the Lord above saw fit to put these people in my life as inspiration. I can only hope that I too can be an inspiration and example for someone one day.
Most of all, I am thankful to be alive and healthy enough to go to work. I may not like some of the aspects of my life, but I am always thankful to be alive.

As Christmas draws near, we need to be thankful for the real reason why we celebrate this holiday – our Lord Jesus.

So often we forget in our busy lives that it is He who guides us. He’s the Great Physician, Mighty Counselor, Lamb of God, Living Water, and so much more. He’s whatever we need, whenever we need it. Isn’t that so amazing? One person can be everything we need! All we have to do is remember it!

We have remember the reason we have what we have is because of Him. We have family to share the holiday with and we make precious memories that will last a lifetime, but we have to remember to be thankful for Him and what He has given to us.

1 comments:

Karen said...

Great post! God showed me a while back that I complain entirely too much and began to remind me of all He has blessed me with. It helps to write it all down - I am running out of paper! :) Glad the new job is going great and I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year!