Esther is very bored...lol

Monday, January 12, 2009

Here I am bored at work again and I know there's about 10 things I'd rather be doing or should be doing. I should be working on my book or the short story I started to submit to a friend for an ebook. Of course, those things are on my personal computer at home and I'm at work so I can't do anything with them right now.

I know I should probably update my journals on LiveJournal and InsaneJournal, but I'm not in the mood. Besides, there's not much new with me anyway, so I figure I'll save people the trouble of reading "blah, blah, blah" all over again.

Don't get me wrong, I love that I have a job, but sometimes it's not all it's cracked up to be. Especially the pay and all the things I usually have to do in my day before I get to go home around midnight or 1 a.m. I'm grateful that I can get out of bed and come to work and that I do have some pretty amazing people to work with. But sometimes I just have those days where I look at my life and think "why am I still here?" or "why am I still doing this?" Come Saturday the 16th, I will have my 3rd anniversary with the newspaper. Yep. 3 whole years I've been here. Who knows, I may be here another two years or I may find my niche in the writing world in two months. No one knows. I go wherever life takes me. I let God guide me and hope for the best.

As inauguration day draws nearer, I still wonder if this country is ready for the changes Obama is proposing. I wonder if they are for the best - if these changes will take us deeper into depression or if we will come out of it quicker in the long run. Will our health care really be reformed? Will we have free clinics and free insurance for those who don't have it? Will the government give us more money back when we file our taxes? Will other nations look at us and be proud or are we giving them a reason to attack us by our choice in president? These are the questions still floating in my mind as the day draws nearer and we will put our 44th president into office. I can only hope and pray and put my faith in God that our country will go forward instead of back.

Now, I've found something to occupy my time until something else comes in. I hope all of you are doing well. I spoke with Karen last night for a few minutes and it was good to catch up with old friends. I'm doing my best to keep in touch with everyone, but with my work schedule it's become very hard to socialize at all. Take care all!

3 comments:

Lori said...

I don't know about the changes that are coming, but I will say that we know who holds the future and can trust in Him. Our church sang "Our God Reigns" the Sunday before the election and when I become worried, I just reflect on that!

As for the job, I was going to leave my job when I got my Masters degree and I'm still there eight years later, so, I have no advice there! HA

Carrie said...

Hey Esther! It sounds like you have LONG days. It's funny how we always seem to have different plans for our future! But you know I think of the many people who have recently lost their job, and am thankful to have one. It sounds like you're doing well...I haven't seen you in forever! At least we can keep up this way!

Julie said...

Hey Esther! I saw your blog on Lori's and thought I would send a hello your way! I hope goes well with the book that you're writing--keep us posted!