Blogging for the sake of bloging

Friday, January 2, 2009

Wow. Two blogs in one day?! Esther must be bored - and yes, I am by the way.

I always seem to be stuck at work these days, so hey, why not make the most of it by blogging, eh?

I spent the day today in Pensacola with my cousin, Jonathan. I am as proud of him as I would be of a brother - we're that close. We talk often and he's the most amazing 22-year-old I know right now. He's going into the Navy in March to work with the Department of Defense or at least that's what I think he said. (Will clarify if I'm wrong in a future post.)

Jonathan is a very smart and articulate person. He plays the piano and organ. He's held a job since he was fifteen and though he dropped out of school at sixteen, he went to LBWCC and got his GED. Now, he's almost finished with PJC after several years of trying to finish up two years of college. I'm so proud of him and his GPA is more amazing than mine was in college. He's part of a business honor society and is hoping that he can get his associate degree before he ships off for basic training. But he still has to find out if it's possible.

I know I will miss him while he's gone, though I will be able to write him letters. Jon has been the one constant person in my life. Even though Mary Ann (his sister) and I have been friends since we were children - we have drifted apart and Jon is the one who has come in to take her place. I can talk to him when there is no one else to talk to and it makes me feel good to know he's there when I need him.

As for my book, it is going to take more time than I thought. Maybe not the finishing up bit, but the editing enough to send to publishers is going to take a great deal of time. For those of you who are curious, it is a paranormal romance - dealing mostly with vampires and a bit with werewolves. There is a love story going on throughout the entire thing, which is written in first person. I have dreamed ideas that came from mythology - Greek and Roman and I have probably confused myself more than once on the idea of gods and goddesses and God. One of my heroes, who will have his own book is deeply religious (in the Christian sense). And the tale of how the vampires came to be is a little confusing to him because of his faith. I am sure I deal with a lot of things that people sometimes don't want to deal with - losing the one you love to someone else, finding out a shocking truth, and then there's always the big betrayal. Sometimes these come out of my experiences and sometimes I simply dream them up. I think the series would be great since it's pretty different than anything I've read before. We will see what happens. I've got an idea for a teen novel about a boy who travels back in time to save a girl from dying. It might come to life at some point. I'm simply proud of myself for writing 50k in 30 days.

Well, it's back to work or back to finding something to do around here while I wait on sports to get finished so I can go home. :) I hope you all are having a wonderful Friday and that you have a wonderful weekend! RTR! (if we can win the Sugar Bowl!!!)

1 comments:

Lori said...

The book sounds very confusing to me too and I'm not much on vampires, but if you get published, I'll read. Roll Tide, but it was a sad one. A really sad way to end the year, but we'll be back!