It's my life...and what's going on...

Saturday, January 31, 2009

I'm a crappy updater, but I figured it's time. Right now I'm sick - allergies and weather changing is getting me all messed up. Other than that things seem to be going okay. I'm hoping to get a short story published soon, but I won't know anything until much later next month if it goes in or not. It won't be much for payment, but it'll be a start in the right direction.

Jonathan's been going through a lot lately. He called me frantic the other night and I didn't get his call until two hours later. He's got an ulcer from all the stress he's been under. So keep him in your prayers (and me! that I get over this cold quickly). He's stressed big time right now because of a lot of stuff that's going on with the DoD and the Navy. I can't really say what, but it still looks like he'll be going away to basic training at some point.

Work is the same. I'm sick of it, but I still have to make a living. I've learned some HTML and CSS, so I know pretty well how to make a webpage. It's interesting what makes a webpage work, but I wouldn't want to sit around doing it all day. Here's hoping I get a little bitty raise for my trouble.

I'm so glad I finally got my car fixed. I don't know if I mentioned that in previous posts, but I'd had problems with the heater core for over a month. It's a blessing to have it fixed with the cold weather that's coming our way. Now I can turn on my heater and be warm while I'm driving home.

I've been talking to a very sweet guy I met online - just online chatting and emails so far. I'm not hoping for much - just some new friends would be great. I'm so busy and not very social these days, that it's impossible to get to know someone unless they email/chat/call me regularly. Yes, I know I'm horrible! I can't help it. I'm trying to keep up with everyone better one step at a time.

I just found out recently - because I was putting up the obits on Star News website - that my best friend from high school's dad passed away. Brandi and her family have been distanced for a while, so I have no idea if she came home or not. I really do hope so. I know her mom and her sisters probably need her right now.

I've got things to do besides sit here and blog, so I'd best get on with it. I hope all of you are doing well.

~ Esther

2 comments:

Carrie said...

It sounds like you have been going through a lot lately too! "When it rains, it pours!" Thank you so much for your encouraging words. I could sure use them. Hope things will look up for both of us soon!

Julie said...

Esther,

I can't wait to hear how your book turns out! Definitely keep us updated!!!

I haven't seen Brandi since the day we graduated from high school. How/Where is she? As for her dad, I had not heard that sad news. Do you know what happened?